i can’t wait for these things again when we someday own a home again:
- the ability to go sit outside for a morning coffee in the summer sun
- just opening the door and letting the dogs out…without rainboots, a coat and leashes
- being able to throw a load in the laundry at any given moment, in the same building, for free (well, essentially)
- herbs growing right outside my door
- a dishwasher. oh man, i think i need to take a picture of wil doing the first load, he can hardly wait
- a nursery! (ok, this one i haven’t experienced before, but can’t wait either way!)
- kitchen cabinets made of wood
- sunlight through windows at any time of day
- living within walking distance from friends (that’s more of a hope, i guess)
- not having 25% of our life in a storage unit a few miles away
- a quiet ceiling…still not sure if our upstairs neighbors rearrange furniture once a week, teach themselves tap dancing midday, or if they reenact war scenes…?
- future house projects
- an excuse to buy cheap old furniture pieces, and have a space to make them over in.
- vegetable garden beds
i didn’t realize how much i took advantage of these things when we had all of this before!